- - lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/4 cup prepared steak sauce
- 1-1/2 pound s ground beef
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 4 slice s sweet onion (2-1/2 inch)
- 4 slice s swiss cheese (1 oz. each)
1. Combine beer and steak sauce in 1-cup glass measure. Cover and microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion around patties. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees, turning occasionally. Season with salt after turning. About 2 minutes before patties are done, brush generously with sauce; top with cheese.
3. Serve burgers and onions in rolls with lettuce and sauce.
Total recipe time: 30 minutes
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com