- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 pound s fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and each cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 3 clove s garlic, minced
- 4 slice s hardwood smoked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add sprouts; heat to boiling. Cook sprouts to 5 or 6 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook almonds over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; transfer almonds to plate.
2. In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper; heat until mixture simmers. Stir in sprouts; heat through. Transfer sprouts to serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds.